- Los extrovertidos son extrovertidos, enérgicos y orientados a la acción. Son entusiastas y expresivos
- Los sensores viven en el presente. Se basan en hechos, manejan bien los asuntos prácticos y les gusta que las cosas sean concretas y mensurables.
- Los pensadores toman decisiones utilizando la lógica y el análisis impersonal. Piensan con la cabeza y no con el corazón.
- Los jueces prefieren un estilo de vida decisivo, planificado y ordenado. Les gusta una vida organizada y controlada.
An ESTJ at a glance
An ESTJ is one of life’s natural organizers. They are down-to-earth, straightforward and direct. People know exactly where they are with an ESTJ. ESTJs are take charge kind of people. They are results driven, organized, sociable, hold firm opinions and are likely to be traditionalists. Of all the different types of personality, ESTJs are the ones that are most likely to want to be in control.
ESTJs have a strong motivation to create and preserve a comfortable, secure and organized life. If anybody’s going to get it right, they are! They work hard and play hard. They are good company because they are able to balance being both earnest and responsible with being friendly and entertaining. People are likely to rely on ESTJs to organize activities because they know they will make it happen.
Because they have a strong sense of right and wrong, ESTJs divide the world between the good guys and the bad guys. Right or wrong. Correct or incorrect. Their life philosophy could be WYGIWYS – What you get is what you see!
Sus probables contribuciones a una organización.
Each personality type has a different set of skills, talents and attributes that they bring to an organization, group or relationship. Here is a list of those most commonly associated with personality types like ESTJ.
- Believes that deeds matter, words do not.
- Masterfully creates efficient systems.
- Is the one that get things done.
En un equipo
Some people work well on teams, others work best on their own. Understanding the personality types of team members provides information about how individuals are likely to carry out their work and interact with each other. Given the personality preferences of an ESTJ, the following are the strengths (and possible weaknesses!) they will most likely bring to a team:
- Brings a driving force to the team for planning and accomplishment.
- Enjoys working on a team.
- Runs efficient meetings, sticks to the agenda and wants everything accomplished on time and on schedule.
ESTJ leadership style
Each personality type has its own leadership style, strengths and blind spots. The following highlights an ESTJ approach to leadership, provides clues as to how an ESTJ will act in a leader role, and pinpoints some of the leadership qualities.
- Is a born organizer of resources, people and projects.
- Prefers to concentrate on the work, not the people conducting the work.
- Is direct and resolute in getting to core issues.
Estilo de comunicación
La comunicación efectiva se compone de dos elementos: qué tan bien escuchas y cómo te expresas. Las buenas habilidades de comunicación son la base del éxito. Ser conscientes de cómo nos comunicamos, cómo se comunican los demás y cómo preferimos que otros se comuniquen con nosotros, es un paso importante para lograr este objetivo. Su estilo de personalidad tiene sus propias estrategias de comunicación que son más efectivas para usted que los estilos de comunicación de otros.
- Speaks with energy and forcefulness.
- Replies quickly and thinks on his/her feet.
- Prefers communicating in person, not with written reports.
Resolución de problemas
Different people solve problems in different ways. Based on the ESTJ personality type, ESTJ’s will probably use the following methods and skills in problem solving:
- Wants to know the risks of not acting.
- Defines problems exactly; wants to know all the data and collects all the facts.
- Seeks to understand what others are currently doing about a particular issue.
Perfil de estrés
El estrés juega un factor importante en nuestras habilidades para ser efectivos en el trabajo y tener relaciones saludables y sostenibles. Cuanto mayor es el estrés, más difícil se vuelve mantener un trabajo de calidad y relaciones de calidad. Cada tipo de personalidad tiene puntos fuertes y puntos ciegos. Bajo estrés, surgen puntos ciegos y las personas dependen de sus funciones menos favoritas para operar.
Desencadenantes del estrés
- A prized principle has been ignored, compromised or transgressed.
- Accused of being cold, uncaring, or being seen as too harsh with someone.
- Surprising expressions of strong emotion from someone they care about.
Características del perfil de estrés
- Loses their realistic, pragmatic, and factual Sensing abilities.
- May be easily fatigued and find it difficult to maintain their logical thinking.
- Taking effective action becomes hard to do.
People are usually most effective when their environment matches their preferences and work style. When a good match is not present, it will be more difficult to achieve results. Below are some of the ESTJ’s work preferences and key characteristics that ESTJ’s look for in work, or try to avoid. These key characteristics also indicate how an ESTJ would typically like to be managed or related to.
- Seeks opportunities to work with hard-working people who follow through.
- Seeks opportunities to be responsible, set things right and preserve the organization.
- Prefers efficient systems that allow everyone to achieve personal goals along with the organization’s goals.
ESTJ Learning style
For many years it has been known that different personality types have different ways of learning. Knowing how a person learns is a big advantage for structuring on-the-job training or classroom instruction. The ESTJ learning style is as follows:
- Likes learning as long as it is structured and with a purpose.
- Desires schedules, agendas and time frames to support his/her planning nature.
- Learns best with hands-on, concrete and visual activities – workbooks, drills and memorization are the most helpful.
Oportunidades de crecimiento
As we grow and mature, it is important to pull back from our favourite ways of doing things and build skills in the areas of our least favourite preferences. We thereby become a more balanced and versatile individual. The following suggestions address some of the ESTJ more obvious blind spots and are areas to pay attention to.
- Be attentive to developing people skills.
- Be less blunt and take into account people’s needs, desires, feelings and values more frequently.
- Be more patient with others – not everyone is capable of your driving energy.
Suscríbete a nuestro boletín
Encuentra la ayuda que necesitas.
Comparte el conocimiento que tienes.
¿Interesado? Aprende más